CPD MG1 Coating:
- A general purpose, gold colored coating, allowing higher punching speeds and longer tooling life.
- Especially effective when punching copper, bus bar and aluminum.
- Standard coating on our FP1 style punch.
CPD MG2 Coating:
- A harder, more lubricious coating offering better performance in steels and aluminum.
- Minimizes galling due to rapid punching.
- Commonly used in higher strength steels and when the punch size is smaller than material thickness.
- This coating is useful on "Insert" and "Style 1" Whitney™ punches.
CPD MG3 Coating:
- The most abrasion resistant and hardest coating for punching heat resistant alloys.
Call Cleveland Punch today to get more information on our coating options!