The punch and die industry is in contact with all types of industries ranging from manufacturing to jewelry, but recently we received a request to manufacture this punch for creating animal tags. These tags are used by scientist to track the movement and habits of different water animals ranging from fish, like bass or tarpon, to shellfish. The punch is used to punch out a plastic tag that’s identified with a specific number. This number is specific to the animal and the region it originates from. Scientists use this tag to track an animal’s habits and migration patterns. No matter what industry you’re in, contact us today for all of your punching needs!
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
|Click to Enlarge|
Louvers have been around for hundreds of years, in the beginning these were made from barrels to allow ventilation while cooking or for a fire place while keeping the rain and snow out. With the evolution of technology, louvers can now be manufactured in metal to act as an air vent. These can be used on a variety of products such as lockers or any type of equipment that would need ventilation and temperature control. We manufacture louvers in form up and form down positions from 2” to 6” long. The louvers are manufactured with a spring load system to help strip the material off the cutting blades. These cutting blades are replaceable components within the louver assembly. Check out the video below to watch a louver in action on our Piranha P-50. Give us a call to get a quote on your louver today!
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Do you have a punching application where galling or tooling life is an issue? Or, is your particular punching application preventing you from using a punching lubricant? By utilizing a variety of Cleveland Punch and Die coatings, a better tooling life can be achieved. With a delivery time of approximately one week, we are able to get these items out the door much faster than the competition! CPD offers three types of coatings depending on your requirements:
CPD MG1 Coating:
- A general purpose, gold colored coating, allowing higher punching speeds and longer tooling life.
- Especially effective when punching copper, bus bar and aluminum.
- Standard coating on our FP1 style punch.
CPD MG2 Coating:
- A harder, more lubricious coating offering better performance in steels and aluminum.
- Minimizes galling due to rapid punching.
- Commonly used in higher strength steels and when the punch size is smaller than material thickness.
- This coating is useful on "Insert" and "Style 1" Whitney™ punches.
CPD MG3 Coating:
- The most abrasion resistant and hardest coating for punching heat resistant alloys.
The punches and dies shown are for a custom die set but coated punches and dies can be manufactured for any set up. Call Cleveland Punch today to get more information on our coating options!